News & Events
Welcome to the 2016 Greater Baltimore Kidney Walk!
Kidney Walk is the nation's largest walk to fight kidney disease. Held in nearly 100 communities, the event raises awareness and funds lifesaving programs that educate and support patients, their families and those at risk.
With the increase in diabetes and high blood pressure -- two major kidney disease risk factors -- kidney disease is on the rise. We’re working to reach the 73 million American adults at risk with important prevention messages before it's too late. Each year, more than 100,000 walkers join the NKF to raise millions of dollars to help kidney patients and their families. Your participation in our events has never been more critical.
More than 80 cents of every dollar donated directly supports our programs and services, including:
- Our Patient Emergency Assistance Program and Emergency Transportation Fund, which provide life-saving help for disadvantaged patients.
- The latest medical research into kidney and urinary tract diseases.
- Kidneys: Evaluate Yours (KEY) Screenings and Kidney Health Risk Assessments (KHRAs), which spot kidney problems earlier when they are easier to treat.
- Medical ID jewelry for dialysis and transplant patients.
- Our Renal Nutrition program, which provides nutritional supplements to low income patients to help them better cope with kidney disease.
- Maryland’s team at the Transplant Games of America, where athletes who have received life-saving transplants compete in a variety of sports.
- Beyond Dialysis, a patient education program that encourages dialysis patients and their families to lead fuller lives.
- Advocacy for kidney disease issues – and patients – at all levels of government.
- Camp All Stars, an outdoor program for children, adolescents and young adults, where campers learn to better manage the challenges of kidney disease while living life to the fullest.
100,000 walkers are on the move across the nation! Get in step with us as we move kidney disease, a top ten public health problem! 26 million Americans with kidney disease are counting on us, so we need all the help you can give!
Let’s move on kidney disease…Register today!
For more information, contact Doreen Lucadamo, email@example.com or 443-322-0373.
2016 Dates and Locations!
Greater Baltimore Walk- Sunday, April 17, 2016
Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Southern Delaware Walk- Sunday, April 24th, 2016
Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE
Salisbury Walk-Sunday, May 15, 2016
Winterplace Park, Salisbury, MD
Please be sure to view our photos from last year's event on our Facebook page! Thank you again for your continued support!
Dialysis Center Challenge
The Dialysis Center Challenge is a competition between dialysis centers to increase awareness for and participation in the Kidney Walk. The goal of the competition is for each dialysis center to try to raise the most money for the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland. You and your team members can register online and keep track of your competition – how much money you have raised and how many team members you have recruited! The winning center will be announced at the Walk and will be rewarded with a trophy that they will be able to display in their center. Please contact your Walk Manager for more information.
Make a Difference by Volunteering!
We are currently gearing up for the 2016 Kidney Walks! We invite you to join one of our Walk Planning Committees this year to help secure food and entertainment, recruit committee members, and plan another successful walk, OR volunteer the day of the Walk! For more information, contact:
Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the Greater Baltimore Kidney Walk
Nicole at email@example.com to sign up for the Southern Delaware or Salisbury Walks
Thanks so much for your interest !
Don't forget to download the Kidney Walk App for your iPhone or Android! Click here to for more information.