News & Events
2014 Rappel for Kidney Health was a SUCCESS!
Nearly 90 participants joined our 5th Annual Rappel for Kidney Health on Firday, June 6, and Saturday, June 7!
Each participant raised a minimum of $1,000 to help us raise over $119,254!
Evelyn Shroedl, 96 year old resident of Oak Crest retirement community, broke the record of the "Wisest Rappel Participant" for our event, beating out last year's 84-year-old record holder by 12 years!
And we can now say, "Elvis has rappeled the building!"
View Photos from the event here.
Getting involved for Rappel 2015 is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Fundraise to "Go Over the Edge" on Friday, June 5, and Saturday, June 6, 2015!
- While you seek adventure, the NKF-MD seeks a cure for kidney disease!
- Rappel 28 stories- 300 feet- down the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront hotel in Baltimore City.
- Rappel times are first come, first served. Start now to be the first to raise a minimum of $1,000!
What does $1,000 do for the kidney community?
- 10 participants will fund a research mini-grant at a local hospital
- 2 participants will fund a kidney health risk assessment for a local community
- Covers the cost of blood draws for 50 people at a kidney screening
- Funds 5 patient emergency assistance grants
- Helps fund part of rent or mortgage for at least 5 patients on dialysis
* The event website will go live in October 2014. Donations can be collected before then- contact Katie at email@example.com
2. Become an Event Day Volunteer!
- Are YOU looking for an adventure that doesn't include rappelling 300 feet? Feel the excitement of the event as you escort participants to the roof, assist photographers as they capture action shots, work the crowd on the pool desk as participants land, and more!
3. Join the 2015 Rappel Committee!
- Whether you have participated in our Rappel event before, or you are looking for fulfil your love of event planning, we welcome your experience and enthusiasm!
- Contact Katie at 443-322-0374 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about becoming a committee member!
Thank You to Our Event Sponsors!
For more information, contact Katie Kessler at 443-322-0374, or email@example.com