Do you want to make an impact on kidney disease in an extraordinary way? How much more extreme can you get than to Rappel for Kidney Health? Participants are invited to raise pledges in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime experience to rappel down the side of a 25-story building in Baltimore! Join the National Kidney Foundation Serving Maryland and Delaware for this incredible event!
Getting involved is as easy as 1, 2, 3! To register for the event, click on the Event Registration button!
The event this year will be held at 100 North Charles Street in downtown Baltimore. Experience the THRILL OF A LIFETIME!
You’ll join adventure seekers, kidney patients and loved ones, corporate leaders in the “Toss Your Boss” challenge and others of all ages.
Individuals and teams will receive their own fundraising web page to assist in reaching the required $1,500 minimum to participate in the event. Once the money is raised, they will undergo Rappel training, receive an event T-shirt and get a commemorative photo of their Rappel.
Event logistics are organized by Over the Edge, a special events company that provides signature rappel events for non-profit organizations in North America.
Too “chicken” to go over the edge? You can still support the event by making a donation to support a patient with chronic kidney disease.
Your donation will afford a patient to participate in the event and you will be listed as a Kidney Advocate Supporter. Go ahead, make a donation and come out the day of the event, we have a Chicken Coop area waiting for you!
Through the years, Rappel for Kidney Health has attracted over 600 participants and raised over $750,000 to support NKF’s local patient services, education and research efforts.
You can make a major impact on kidney disease in an extraordinary way by participating/supporting this event!
1. Fundraise to “Go Over the Edge” on Saturday, June 15, 2019!
- While you seek adventure, the National Kidney Foundation Serving Maryland and Delaware seeks a cure for kidney disease!
- Sign up yourself or start a team!
- Rappel down the side of a Baltimore building.
- Rappel times are first come, first served. Start now to be the first to raise a minimum of $1,500.
What does $1,500 do for the kidney community?
- 10 participants will fund a research mini-grant at a local hospital
- 2 participants will fund a kidney health risk assessment for a local community
- Covers the cost of blood draws for 50 people at a kidney screening
- Funds 5 patient emergency assistance grants
- Helps fund part of rent or mortgage for at least 5 patients on dialysis
2. Become an Event Day Volunteer!
- Are YOU looking for an adventure that doesn’t include rappelling 25 stories? Feel the excitement of the event as you escort participants to the roof, assist photographers as they capture action shots, work the crowd on the pool desk as participants land, and more!
3. Join the 2019 Rappel Committee!
- Whether you have participated in our Rappel event before, or you are looking to fullfil your love of event planning, we welcome your experience and enthusiasm!
For more information, contact Kristin Brooks at 410.494.8545 or email email@example.com. Seeking sponsorship opportunities?
Photo Galleries – check out the adventure! Visit our Flickr site to view photos!