What is Drive for Dialysis?
It is one of NKF’s new programs that allow your office to provide patients in your community with care packages to brighten their spirits and make the long hours of treatment a little more bearable.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
NKF makes it easy to maximize your impact:
- Provide materials to assemble care packages from the comfort of your office
- Curate a program to inspire and engage employee volunteers
- Pair your organization with a community-based dialysis clinic(s)
- Enhance your wellness program with access to NKF resources
- Provide custom online registration form, promotional posters to maximize staff participation
WHY HOST A DRIVE FOR DIALYSIS?
- Demonstrate commitment to community impact
- Reach employee engagement goals
- Enhance brand reputation and capacity to attract new customers
- Honor a staff member/loved one affected by kidney disease with a hands-on,team-building activity
- Access kidney health and wellness resources.
For thousands of individuals facing kidney failure, dialysis is a lifeline. It not only extends life, but also enhances its quality by improving appetite, energy levels, and other symptoms. However, spending up to 4 hours per day, 3-4 days per week sitting in the same chair, in the same room can be mentally and physically taxing. You can help.