Why You Should Get Tested
- In the early stages of kidney disease, most people don’t have symptoms.
- Kidney disease is treatable in the start.
- If you wait to long it can become much worse and sometimes untreatable.
What Happens if You Wait?
- It can get worse
- It can lead to kidney failure
- It can cause heart and blood vessel disease
- It can cause other health problems
Risk Factors You Should Not Ignore
- High Blood Pressure
- Being 60 years or older
- Having a family member with kidney disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure
Test to Find Kidney Disease
- Urine test called ACR (Albumin-to-creatinine ratio)
- Blood test to estimate your GFR (Glomerular filtration rate) * This is the best way to test your kidneys