Did you know that Pears are good for your kidney function? Well they are!
Pears help to stimulate urine elimination and kidney function to reduce edema, nefritis, kidney stones, cystitis, renal inadequacy and inflammation of the prostate.
Eating pears several times a week will help maintain good kidney health!
Pears are an excellent course of fiber which is good for weight loss and the heart. They can also reduce risk of stroke by 50%. The high content of pectin in pears help to lower cholesterol levels. (DHEBBS.COM)
Vegetarian, Gluten Free – Makes 6 Portions
- 3 Pears , Ripe
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 2 oz Butter
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl, combine oats, ground cinnamon, sugar, almonds, and salt.
- Then, pour in half of the melted butter and mix.
- Cut the pears in half and scoop out some of the center.
- Brush the insides with the remaining butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Spoon oats and cinnamon into the center of the pears.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pears get soft.
* If you do not like almonds you may substitute for a different nut.
*If you do not like pears you may use apples instead.